A little bit of heaven

Recently my 16 mth old has decided that our coffee and end tables are not to put pictures or lamps on..no no, they are for her sitting and standing pleasure. Have you ever fought a losing battle? I am as I type. If I so much as step out of the room to pee shes on top of the coffee table when I get back. I cant even think about showering anymore god knows what she would find to climb then! The hardest part of this is how do you discipline a 16 mth old? Shes a little too young for time out (at least a successful one) so when I try to explain that we don’t climb on tables that couches are for us to sit on, she just looks at me and smiles as if to say “you keep talking but I have NO idea what you are saying.” And about a second later I am back in the fight!

To try to combat this I decided she needed a toy that she can climb on without getting into trouble and it would be a HUGE plus if this piece of equipment entertained her for let’s say hours….now what could be so amazing!!?? As it turns out for a one year old those requirements fit just about any new toy (turns out for adults it’s just as easy ..ask my husband who just got an iphone) So what did I find you ask?? After hours of searching online I found a little tykes play gym that was perfect! The problem was the price was NOT- so perfect. I turned to old trusty..craigslist. For those of you who have yet to try it or have a stigma about buying used items you need to at least give it a try. I cant say enough great things about it. Wouldn't you know that I found exactly what I was looking for for a fraction of the cost. And bonus – it was in great condition. After some friendly bargaining I got my daughter a wonderful play set with tunnels, things she can climb on and a slide – HELLO HEAVEN! Not only is she enthralled with this play set but it’s a magic babysitter too! I showered…she played. I made dinner…she played. She played, and played and played and last night we had 2 babies sleeping at 730. This toy goes on my MUST HAVE for toddlers list!

0 comments:

Post a Comment