Middle Child Syndrome

Being a middle child myself i never realized how true the phrase "middle child syndrome" was until our second child was born 4 months ago. Now technically she is not a middle child yet but my husband and i know we will have more kids so she will be...shortly (no dad I am not pregnant).

I started blogging as a way to keep a quote "baby book" for our oldest. We also started a picture blog so that our family who dont get to see our kids everyday can log on and see what mess they have gotten into lately and how much they are growing.

Then I realized our second child was born and it all stopped. The easy thing to do would be to say that i no longer have time. Which truly isnt a stretch of the imagination. But honestly that isnt the reason. I dont know why ive stopped.

It wasnt until this past thanksgiving that i even realized i was – or wasn’t doing this. We spent four days with at my in-laws house and as we were leaving i realized i hadn’t taken one picture of Emmas FIRST thanksgiving! Not one. Im a terrible mom! Especially since we have...oh only a hundred of our first born, Ellie at her first Thanksgiving. And not just thanksgiving but literally hundreds of pictures of her just sitting there, laying there when she was first born, sleeping! And what of Emma i have some pictures from the hospital...4 1/2 months ago! What is wrong with me! So the middle child syndrome that most middle children talk about (and yes i am one) starts from the beginning - we aren’t even given a chance!

Feeling really bad now so today starts a new day. I will do my best to take pictures everyday (even if she’s sleeping) and keep my blog updated so that when Emma wants to know what day she sat up or rolled over...i will know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment