Mom of the year

Well - here we are. Back from a family vacation that was relaxing, fun and full of sand and sun. Its hard to come back from all that - especially when "back" is Kansas! Today I am trying to unpack everything, clean the house while unpacking, and stay on top of my now running everywhere 1 year old - which is a full time job in itself. While unpacking i notice that my dog Roxxy is following my daughter everywhere licking her leg. Normally i would think nothing of this because there is a good chance there is still some breakfast stuck to her or juice that spilled. But now I'm smelling 'something.' Yes we all know what that means...dirty diaper! As i sit and watch all this i am seriously debating letting this just continue until she is clean! Now - the 'inner mom' says stop this now and change her diaper! The not so mom part of me is saying "its just a little poop it wont kill the dog! Besides, they eat their own poop sometimes!" What to do, what to do. While debating my sister calls so like anyone would do i run my options past her. After laughing for a good part of the phone call she ends with "You certainly are mom of the year." YES I AM i thought....and my 'inner mom' won. Now with a clean a diaper my unpacking and cleaning continues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment