MATERNITY CLOTHING WOES

Since most of you who are reading this are either moms or have one on the way lets talk maternity clothes. YIKES! Fashion and pregnant do not seem to go hand-in-hand, unless of course you have an endless bank account and can actually buy a whole pregnancy wardrobe from Motherhood maternity or a Pea in the Pod. Now, i have nothing against these stores, actually i really do like their clothes. But on one income with a 1 year old and another on the way my bank account suggests i try less expensive means to clothe my ever expanding body. Lets start here - pre pregnancy i am generally a small person. About 5'3 and 115 lbs. But at now 30 weeks my 140 lbs frame - OK 150ish is seeking some more coverage and style is something im not willing to compromise on. Its hard enough at the end of pregnancy to feel attractive but at least i want to feel huge and ready to burst in nice clothing. Is this really a lot to ask?? Some of my favorite and (key word) affordable places to shop are Old Navy, Gap Maternity and American Eagle. I know you're probably thinking that American Eagle does not have a maternity section - and you would be right. What they do have are great summer dresses that are lose fitting and empire waste lines so they fit even a 30 week pregnant woman! I love all three of these stores. Also, because fashion is so lose fitting right now and empire wastes are really in i have found that I really dont need to buy maternity clothes only larger sizes in regular clothes. This has helped me save a lot of money for only temporary clothing and still feel like i look nice. Of course in a perfect world i would just design my own line of affordable maternity clothes for young hip moms but as my loving husband so gently puts it "lets get real here."

0 comments:

Post a Comment