CLEANING 101

Being that my in-laws are coming to visit today, I thought it would be nice if when they got here our house was, you know, clean. The cleaning process began at 730 this morning. I finally got through the kitchen and our TV room by 1030. OH YEAH, it’s a mess! My daughter being the wonderful helper she is really likes to help me with the cleaning. She will take my rag and dust, walk around and pick things up and hand them to me, even rearranges the dogs dishes to her liking. I swear she was switched at birth because she did not learn to clean from me! Ok I got the two easiest rooms done in only 3.5 hrs. Now it’s onto the family room. This is the room that holds the toy box, some sort of bouncing spinning zebra toy, a Winnie the Pooh car and an endless number of animals that sing the ABC’s. Deep breath, ok here we go; for every toy I put into the toy box my daughter takes 3 out. Grrrr…. This is never going to happen. I mean, how clean does the house really need to be anyway? Ill vacuum put clean towels in the guest bathroom and I always have clean sheets!

Did I mention that we started to pull out all the newborn things? On top of just our everyday mess, I literally cannot sit on my couches because of the piles of clothes and god knows what else from when Ellie was a newborn. My bedroom doesn’t need to be clean anyway, I can just shut the door – oh good idea! Ellies room…well they will understand we are ‘in the process’ of rearranging everything. Yes, that is why the diaper genie is overflowing, and she has clothes all over her floor, and yes that is also why there are shoes and socks strung about as if she was seeing just how far she could throw. Well, it just may stay like that for now, but I will at least take the diapers out and put a new bag in there. We don’t need it to smell on top of all that now do we!??

UGH, 230 and im ready for bed. I did get the toys put away, and diapers out…then I stopped! Now here I am, ordering a pizza and willing my daughter to go down for her second nap so I can nap too. Just a day in the life of a stay at home mom!

0 comments:

Post a Comment