What's Normal?

A "normal" day for me would be most people's nightmares!  Having an 11 month old and being 22 weeks pregnant isn't always a dream, but we do our best to get through the day just to start the next.  On today's agenda: vacuum, iron, bills, mow lawn - all this of course in between taking care of and playing with my 11 month old.  Status:  vacuum - not so much, iron...maybe later, bills will be there tomorrow, mow lawn - what??!!  Yes ladies, this is what we do to ourselves.  So when the check list (and might i add unrealistic check list) doesn't get done we go to bed at night thinking "what the heck did i do today?"  Oh only changed 12 diapers, gave 2 naps, made 7 meals, watched sesame street...twice, chased around an 11 month old, put toys in the toy box, took toys out of the toy box, cleaned bottles, cleaned highchair.  I have decided what makes a good day is when i get to eat breakfast before lunch, and a great day would have a shower in it (although i really just think that's overshooting lately!)  Not on today's agenda: eat dog toys.  Oh did i mention we also have 3...count em' 3 70 lbs dogs.  When i say eat dogs toys i didn't mean the dogs were going to town, that would be to easy.  No no, i had to pry the dog bones away from my crying daughter who just doesn't understand why she cant eat the dog toys.  So while my husband is working hard at his job, most days i feel like I'm just barley surviving mine.  Being a stay at home mom is the hardest thing i ever taken on.  And i can safely say that after pushing a 8 lb child out!  Already 4:30 EST, and I'm counting down the minutes until my husband walks through the door so i can finally pee on my own!  This my friends was a good day!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment